Saturday, February 21, 2015

a trip to tiny pinecone teahouse and bake shop




I had been meaning to visit this little pop-up since I first heard of it a couple months ago... 

But time has been passing too quickly here; all of a sudden it was February, and I was reminded that this week was their very last week! So naturally I decided this visit had to be made a priority.  I enlisted the help of Katie- my favorite food partner in crime, to come along and watch me stuff my face cake-test while we changed up our regular coffee routine by drinking our fair share of white tea out of some very cute cups. 

 Tiny Pinecone is a very cozy, relaxed set up where the owners Ben + Lisa are so welcoming and friendly, and the cakes seriously delicious.  Attention to design and detailing was clearly well thought out, and contributed to the space as a whole making it beautiful and interesting to look at.  

The light tea perfectly complemented the black sesame chiffon cake, which I fell in love with after my very first bite.  I instantly regretted the fact that I came so late to the Tiny Pinecone party- if it were a permanent establishment I would most definitely be a regular! 

 For now I am simply going to wait in anticipation for their next venture, while dreaming of that cake...




2 comments: