Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kaffeeklatsch.


I honestly couldn't live in a world without coffee.  I drink it almost daily, and while I can go a few days or even a few weeks without, that first sip after some time away always makes my day that much better.

I grew up surrounded by coffee drinkers, in an Italian household where freshly brewed coffee was always a staple, always available.  The smell of coffee is something I find incredibly comforting; coffee in general is something which to me, equals comfort.

While the smell of coffee is initially what draws me in, I prefer to savor the taste of coffee, as it is the taste and not the caffeine within which constantly makes me come back for more.  This is why, very often I can be found sitting with a book or a friend and a cup of good coffee in a coffee shop. No explanation needed then, as to why Kaffeeklatsch is one of my favorite German words!


Coffee shops make me feel as if I am at home, and so whenever I visit a new city I always make it a mission of mine to actively seek out the best quality coffee and coffee shops.  Sometimes I research beforehand, but more often than not the best coffee shops turn out to be the ones I stumble upon, while an entirely different agenda is on my mind.


Here in New York, the abundance of coffee shops and not just coffee shops but good, stylish coffee shops, is, quite frankly, something that excites me to no end.

And, as I have no idea how long it will be before I come back to this city (after my temporary stay here), I have taken it upon myself to visit as many local coffee shops as possible- something which, along with a love for frequent brunches, lunches, dinners and pastry stops, I share in common with the two other food and photography interns and good friends I have made here- Sam of eatlovewithlove and Katie of lublyou.

As a trio of food lovers, we have been making good progress eating and drinking our way through New York, and as photographers, documenting each step of the way.  The photos included in this post attest a small part of this journey and feature some of my favorite spots visited so far.

3 comments:

  1. Exactly! I love coffee for its smell and flavor, not caffeine at all. It never affected me or helped me wake up, I don't like having it in a rush. I like enjoying my cup not just pouring something inside to get my day going. So happy to have met you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you understand me perfectly!! I'm so glad we met each other too. Kaffeeklatsch friends for life. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee equals the ultimate comfort for me as well! Also your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete